April 16, 2017 to April 22, 2017
Busy, cold, and fun. Those would be the three words that best sum up this past week for me! The spring weather has definitely gone into, hopefully, a temporary, hiding spot. But, like my mom has always told me, “there is no bad weather, just bad clothing.” So, nothing can stop me from having a great week! Here are my 5 favorite moments:
- Sunday, April 16th, was Easter! Easter is one of those holidays that is SO commercialized. It is sickening! I always am conscious of remembering WHY we celebrate these holidays and also spending them in a mindful manner. This Easter, in particular, was really cool because my mom and I spent the day cooking up all of the yummy food together. We had my Omi join us from brunch until dinner, and just enjoyed a really nice day with the family. For brunch, my dad and I whipped up some waffles! We ate them with TONS of fruit, pure maple syrup, and, my favorite, Nutella! For our Easter lunch/dinner, my mom and I made a Spinach Zucchini Quiche, with hardboiled eggs for a fun Easter touch. And for our dessert, my mom and I made Mini Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake Trifles and served them with a fresh cup of coffee. Boy, are we lucky to have this much and this great of food…
- Easter Monday is a national holiday here in Germany. Yay for another day to sleep in! But really, do homework. It was a rather dreary day, but my mom suggested we go for a walk anyways. The moment we got out to the fields where we go walking, the sun erupted from behind the clouds and made the prettiest designs in the sky. It was so stunning!
- Tuesday, the gloominess continued. When I got to campus for class I emerged from the subway station to WHITE ON THE GROUND! Yes friends, SNOW! I was thankful to be able to hunker down in the library and get some work done. My favorite part of the day was that I came up with several cool ideas for various projects I have this semester. Little moments like that just really hammer it home for me, that I am in the right place at this point in my young life. Before I rarely felt inspired and I dreaded studying, that will probably never change!
- Thursdays are my days off. These are my days to check things off my to-do list! And today was the perfect example. My favorite part of the day was going to bed feeling accomplished. I got my workout in, my school work done, 3 loads of laundry washed and hung to dry, and a few other pesky to-do’s I had been putting off for a while. There is no better feeling than going to bed feeling accomplished.
- Saturday, it was time to get out of the house. The timing could not have been better, as my dear friend Sofie had invited me to join her in watching the Qualifications for the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, here in Stuttgart. We ended up watching several phenomenal matches, up close and personal and getting a bite to eat together. It was so much fun catching up again and spending time together!
Life sure has a funny way of working out. I feel as if a switch has turned throughout this week where I am really ready to take on anything. It feels really good to be full of passion and determination to reach for my big life dreams! And weeks like this are just the baby steps to getting there.
What were your favorite moments of the week?